cherokee county public library
From its early days in the basement of the Cherokee County Courthouse, to its home since 1974 at 310 Mary Street, the Cherokee County Public Library has served the information needs of residents and guests in and around Cherokee County. We offer services ranging from fax and interlibrary loan to our large genealogy room. Library patrons may access databases such as the Alabama Virtual Library, Chilton Car Repair Library, and Ancestry.com Library Edition. Here you will also find a program slate for children and adults, a 20 station computer lab, and access to a continually changing collection of materials for business, education, and entertainment.
LIBRARY CARD REQUIREMENTS
1. Reside in Cherokee County and over the age of 19.
2. Work or own property in Cherokee County
3. Provide picture identification
4. Live in the counties of Calhoun, DeKalb, or Etowah and furnish all required information, including name, address & phone of a Cherokee County resident as an alternate contact.
5. Present mail in a manner that makes it obvious that it is an item that has been mailed; i.e., an item with its envelope or a postcard or brochure that bears the name and address of the recipient.
*Children ages 6-19 must have a guardian’s signature to get a library card.
Call for more information
FINES AND FEES
Monday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tuesday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wednesday 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Thursday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
310 Mary Street
Centre, AL 35960